Top Places to Shop in Hawaii
If you love to shop till you drop, Hawaii is one place you won’t be disappointed. With so many diverse shopping centers on each island, you can pick up anything from clothing and sunscreen to souvenirs and gifts. Vacationing in paradise means beaches, dining out and going for hikes, to be sure, but when you need some retail therapy, check out these shopping destinations.
• Old Koloa Shops: This small eclectic, lively spot for women’s clothes, soaps, candles, and fragrances is a great place to try.
• Sunshine Farmers Markets: Browsing farmers markets has never been more fun or leisurely. You’ll find anything from handmade crafts by local artists to locally grown produce and baked goods.
• Kukui Grove Shopping Center: This is the island’s biggest shopping center, featuring an open courtyard where several boutiques are lined up selling clothing, jewelry and collectibles. Take the kids to do some mini golf, listen to live music, and purchase local artwork.
• Aloha Tower Marketplace: The Aloha Tower watches over this marketplace by the harbor, with an old-Hawaii feel. Look out over the docked ships and enjoy the sea air while you shop for the perfect souvenir of your trip. This open-air mall is the best place to find candles, jewelry, sunglasses and cigars.
• Ward Centers: Right near Ala Moana Park, this area is home to many small shopping areas that traverse several city blocks. Dine out at a local restaurant for fresh seafood or pick up some unique pants and tops. The stores here are rather unique, and you won’t find as many chain stores as elsewhere.
• Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Want a bargain? This is more than your standard flea market. Three days a week, you’ll find several vendors who sell their wares, from pocketbooks and craft items to fresh food and clothes.
• Lahaina Center: Located along the water, shop among beautiful oceanfront streets with the look and feel of an authentic Hawaiian village. If you’re looking for well-known retailers, you won’t be disappointed here.
• Shops at Wailea: With some of the best shopping on the island, you will enjoy this throw-back to plantations and groves backdropped by stunning architecture. From Gucci and Louis Vuitton to Gap and Banana Republic, be prepared to drop a bundle.
• Prince Kuhio Plaza: For a more modern take on the total shopping experience, you’ll find all your favorites here, such as Macy’s, Sears, American Eagle and Pacific Sunwear. You can take the kids to a movie at the Prince Kuhio Stadium Cinemas or head to Plenty Fun Family Entertainment Center complete with food court.
• Ali’I Gardens Marketplace: A fun, open-air market, you’ll find local goods here such as homemade baskets, hats, necklaces, and wooden carvings. Pick up some fresh local produce for your picnic at lunch.
When done shopping in Oahu, let Hoku Hawaii Tours take you on a tour of the rest of the island. There’s lots to see and do here, from Pearl Harbor to eco adventures.
Here’s a short video on our Circle Island + Pearl Harbor Tour: Epic Day Tour!