Concerts in Honolulu
Looking to take in a concert while on vacation in Honolulu? Known for its excellent music and performing arts attractions, Oahu is home to many concert venues that play host to everything from sports to rock music. If you have a vacation coming up to Honolulu this year, check out the diverse calendar of events going on here:
Neal S. Blaisdell Center Arena Concerts
With seating for nearly 9,000, this indoor arena hosts concerts, sporting events, conventions, tradeshows and other events throughout the year. Sir Elton John, James Taylor, Journey, Celine Dion, ‘N Sync, Bruno Mars and Diana Ross and many other legends have played here. You can also catch a Disney on Ice show here, or perhaps some college ball, the Harlem Globetrotters or even Cirque Du Soleil.
• Martin Lawrence Saturday, 9/19/2015 at 8:00 PM
• Wiz Khalifa: 9/22, 7:30 p.m.
• Keith Urban: Wednesday, 10/7/2015 at 8:00 PM
• Motown Tribute Party, October 17
• Hall and Oates, Saturday, 10/24/2015 at 8:00 PM
• Janet Jackson: Thursday, 11/12, 11/13, 11/15 at 8:00 PM
Neil Blaisdell Concert Hall
This performing arts theater was created for the Honolulu Symphony and the Hawaii Opera Theatre. You can catch stunning Broadway productions such as Wicked, Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable and Cats in this 2,100-seat venue. It’s also utilized for symposiums, graduations and large meetings.
• Hawaii Opera Theatre, The Magic Flute, October 9, 11, 13
• Russell Peters, October 30, 8 p.m.
• Margaret Cho, November 6, 8 p.m.
• Glenn Miller Orchestra, November 14, 6 p.m.
• Last Comic Standing, December 11
A part of the Neal Blaisdell Center, the Waikiki Shell provides just as impressive a backdrop as the concerts themselves. Diamond Head rears its majesty in the distance, while the famous Waikiki Beach is located just across the street. Named for its shape and acoustics, this facility is used often for twilight concerts to be enjoyed under the stars and in the balmy air. With seating for nearly 2,000, this impressive stage plays host to anything from concerts to symphonies.
• Revive the Live Music Fest 2015, September 26
Located at 1349 Kapiolani Blvd, The Republik offers smaller shows, concerts and gatherings.
• Andrew McMahon, Friday September 4
• Iamsu, September 12
• Circa Survive, September 15
• People Under the Stars, September 25
• Swervedriver, October 1
• Testament, October 11
• An Evening with Slayer, October 12, 13
• Tyler the Creator, December 5
Hawaii Theatre Center
This historic Hawaii theatre, established more than 90 years ago, features everything from vaudevilles and plays to silent films, musicals, ballets and concerts. This small, charming play house gives you a chance to step back in time and enjoy shows as they used to be.
• Honu by the Sea, The Musical, September 12-20
• Fandango, September 27
• The Rough Riders, October 23
• Te Vaka, October 30
Enjoy the day time with a special tour from Hoku Hawaii Tours, then check out one of these concerts at night!